Thursday, February 13, 2014

It seems like having an 8 hour a day job pretty much precludes having any energy or enthusiasm left over for art work, right?
If you're in agreement then you most likely understand the frustration that goes with that. All the future art ideas and rough sketches get stashed away in the desk drawer for that indefinite "later."
Well, for me that later came after 5 years of work full-time and then tapering down to full-time seasonal. This leaves me with almost 5 months to work mainly on those filed away back burner projects. I'm loving it!
It's like I watch myself finally carving again and think, "It's good to have you back."
I'm starting small, with a long overdue carved cedar picture frame for the Wood Dudes in Sitka, Alaska. What a surprise they will have. The designs are all fish. Will post as it progresses. 
Future projects will be collaborations with my brother, Alan Davis of Kake, Alaska. 
Then large carvings, paintings, and possibly metal work. 

0 comments: