Monday, March 17, 2014

It's so easy to lose that roll we are on with a creative project!
There are many interruptions, some unavoidable and others that we invite upon ourselves. 
I have a to-do list and I MUST make my art a priority on that list. The rest are necessary tasks of the day. I get them done so I can be more FOCUSED. 
After that, I can concentrate and delight in my project, whether it is at the concept stage, preparation, or execution stage. 
How can I sabotage that? By inviting interruptions: Facebook distractions, phone calls, not setting aside enough time, games that lure me away (Solitaire) or even some things I listen to that distract rather than enhance my process. 
Today I was visited by the bane of owning an old house -- constant maintenance projects. An outlet got too hot from a 1500 watt appliance and damaged it. I needed to shut off the electricity and tend to the house. It was a safety matter. Done. Ready for my project. Here I go. Will post progress so it will keep me committed to my task. I also assigned a mental deadline. All these things counter my hindrances. 

0 comments: